At Practical Plastics NT Pty Ltd we take pride in ensuring our high-quality products and professional service provide you with the product you are looking for.
Do you install the tanks?
Yes, installations require a site inspection prior to quoting. Contact us and we can arrange this.
Why should I choose a Plastic tank opposed to a concrete or metal tank?
- Old concrete tanks can get calcium leaching out of the walls, forming white deposits.
- Tin and gal iron tanks can react chemically with the water, especially minerals in bore water.
- Plastic lined corrugated iron tanks sweat between the liner and the corrugated iron causing rust. The liner will split and is not vermin proof.
- Fibreglass tanks brake down after a period of time.
- Open top tanks with shade cloth over the top allow dirt, debris and sunlight into them causing algae growth.
- Polyethylene tanks do not rust or rot.
What size do I need?
The installation of a ‘large as possible’ rainwater tank and harvesting rainwater from your roof minimises the impact of water shortages and lessens your water costs.
- Calculate your likely annual usage from the water storage requirement table below.
- Using the water catchment table and average rainfall for your area, calculate the amount of rainwater captured by your roof.
- Now you can check your intended usage against the average annual catchment.
- Identify your proposed tank site and measure the space and height available.